We request that everyone refrain from visiting the beach starting April 18th. The facilities and shops surrounding the beach will run on a limited basis from this date.
For more information, click here
Recently, Chichibugahama has become well-known as a spot where visitors can take incredible natural mirror photos like in Salar de Uyuni in Bolivia.
At sunset, the scenery becomes even more fantastic, enough to earn the title as one of the “Top 100 Sunset Spots in Japan.”
We recommend that you come visit with your camera in hand.
- Address for GPS: Chichibugahama Beach 203-3 Niootsu, Nio, Mitoyo, Kagawa, Japan (香川県三豊市仁尾町仁尾乙203-3)
- If you come via the Takamatsu Expressway…
- About 20 minutes from the Sanuki-Toyonaka exit
- About 20 minutes from the Mitoyo-Tossa exit
- JR Takuma Station
- Get off at
※Mitoyo Community Buses do not run on Sundays or holidays.
Taxis are available (Takuma Station → Chichibugahama Beach: ￥2,200 One Way):
Takuma Kotsu: 0875-83-3136
Sakura Taxi: 0120-22-5048
Kawata Taxi: 0875-82-3333
Udon Airport ShuttleBus TrackerWebsite
The Udon Airport Shuttle bus connects Chichibugahama Beach with Takamatsu Airport via Kotohira. Take the most direct route!
The Udon Airport Shuttle will not run starting Sunday, March 9th due to concerns surrounding the coronavirus.
- Mitoyo (Takase, Toyonaka,
Chichibugahama Beach, Suda Port)
Hearts ShuttleWeekend TimetableWeekday TimetableRoute Map
Ride the Hearts Shuttle as much as you want all day for ￥1,000! This shuttle service runs continuously around local sightseeing points so you can see much of what the area has to offer.
Tickets can be reserved through their website (Japanese only), or purchased directly from the driver.
The Hearts Shuttle Bus is currently not running due to concerns surrounding the coronavirus.
Check their website for more info (Japanese only).
Some stops include:
- JR Takuma Station
- Mt. Shiude
- Takayajinja Shrine
- JR Kan-onji
Chichibugahama Beach Area Map
|Address||203-2 Nio Otsu, Nio-cho, Mitoyo, Kagawa, Japan (香川県三豊市仁尾町仁尾乙203-3)|
|Phone||0875-56-5880 (Mitoyo Tourism and Exchange Authority)|
|Parking||Large Buses: ￥2,500
Medium Buses: ￥1,000
Personal vehicles, small buses, and microbuses park free.
No parking is allowed on the street.
For those coming by medium-sized/large bus:
- Buses must use the bus entrance to the parking lot.
- Please do not drop off or pick up passengers on the road in front of Chichibugahama Beach.
- Parking is not allowed in the Kakigori Café Himuro parking lot or neighborhood parking lots
▼ How to take amazing photos of the scenery with your phone camera
You can take the best pictures…
- ・when low tide and sunset coincide
- ・when there is no wind and the surface of the water is still
- ・between 30 minutes before and 30 minutes after the sunset
When to Visit
Chichibugahama Beach 2020 Sunset and Tide Calendar PDFDownload the PDF Here
How to Take Fantastic Photos:
- ・The photographer and subjects should be as close to the water as possible without standing in it
- ・Keep your camera close to the ground, almost grazing the surface of the beach
- ・Angle the camera up slightly
- ・Try posing by yourself, in pairs, or as a large group
- ・Use props like umbrellas, balloons, etc
- ・As the sun goes down, the subjects will become silhouettes, so keep your poses big
- ・Japan is very conscious of online privacy. If someone you don’t know is in your photo, ask them for permission before posting the photo online.
- ・This beach has been kept clean by local volunteers for 20 years. Please take your trash home with you and do not litter.
- ・Please be thoughtful and abide by the rules, and have fun photographing!
- ・You will get wet taking photos! Wear water- and sand-appropriate shoes.