Skyview Torii Gate (Takayajinja Shrine)
Please wait while you are redirected.
The road to Takayajinja Shrine’s main shrine has become impassable due to heavy rains. No entry onto this road is permitted until further notice. Accordingly, the weekend shuttle bus is also cancelled until further notice. Foot traffic up the mountain from the lower shrine is still permitted. See Kan-onji’s city website for more information.
- *Takayajinja Shrine is located in Kan-onji City. The entrance for cars to go to the top of the mountain is located within Mitoyo City.
Ariake Ground ⇔ Takajinja Shrine Shuttle Bus
- The road up the mountain to the main shrine is currently impassable due to damage from heavy rainfall. The shuttle bus will resume service once the blockage has been cleared.
Mitoyo Community Bus
- Mitoyo City’s Nio line community buses run close to Takayajinja Shine’s lower entrance. Get off at the Muromoto stop. (Be careful! There is also a stop called Muromoto Kitaguchi!)
From Kan-onji Station: 4 stops, about 10 minutes.
From Takuma Station: 17 stops, about 25 minutes.
- From the Muromoto bus stop, follow the map below to Takayajinja Shrine. Hiking from the bus stop to the main shrine should take about 75 minutes. There are no vending machines on the hike up, so be sure to bring something to drink with you!
- The road up the mountain to the main shrine is currently impassable due to damage from heavy rainfall.
Kan-onji City’s Commerce and Tourism Division
Kan-onji City Hall 3rd floor 38th window
Kan-onji City, Sakamoto cho 1-chome-1-1 768-8601
Tel：0875-23-3933 (Japanese only)
- Online email Form (Japanese webpage)